Friday, February 8, 2013

Pre-Poo (Dry, damaged, colored hair)




Hey guys,
I've been looking for a great way to restore tons of moisture back into my hair, as i recently dyed it from lighter brown to blue black. I could feel my hair drying up more and more thanks to the winter weather and my neglect of at home all natural hair treatments!

I decided to research a little and found that what I've been doing for years, is actually a great way to moisturize and prevent Damage. It's called Pre-Poo ! ! !

It's huge in the black people community, as their hair is very easily damaged and super dry. So the sistas did me a favor, I've already been using oils on my hair since I was a kid, and it has worked so well!


Let me share my tips and tricks on your best Pre-Poo yet.
What is Pre-Poo?
Pre-Poo is basically applying your favorite type of all natural oil ; coconut, olive, avocado, jojoba etc to your scalp and hair. You wait anywhere from 30-60 mins and then hop in the shower and go about your shampoo and conditioner routine.

Heat and Pre-Poo?
Many women use hair steamers or heat during their Pre-Poos, i personally just apply my oil and use a hair dryer periodically to let my hair really soak in the oil.
Conditioner?
You don't need to apply conditioners when you pre-Poo, but if you want the added satisfaction, go ahead and add some.


Mayo?
Go all natural and skip the conditioner..Opt for Mayo instead for a lustrous shine
 
Detangle?
use a wide tooth comb to detangle your hair




 Tips:
  • Use a natural oil for better results
  • skip the argaan oil bandwagon and opt for coconut oil or olive oil
  • use blow dryer, because its much safer than a hair steamer and hat dryer
  • Put on a plastic shower cap or bag after every blow dry
  • only blow dry each section for about 3-4 seconds on high heat
  • Apply conditioner after an hour of only oil
  • Use a shampoo thats moisturizing as well
  • Apply a few drops of olive oil after for optimal results
  • Skip the blow dry and go for air dry or low heat setting...Checkout my Healthy Blow Dry Tips
  • Do this Everytime you shower, and don't neglect your all natural deep conditioning hair mask

    CLICK FOR OIL MASK
    CLICK FOR EXTRA STRENGTH  - INCLUDES More Tips










2 comments:

  1. Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you.Jamaican Black Castor Oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank youu :)
      hopefully it works really well for you!! I did it today with conditioner and my hair is like in love lol

      Share some before and after pictures :D Love to see your results

      Delete